This is a great speedy yet veggie packed fake-away style recipe that is perfect for the whole family to enjoy for lunch, or tea!
Cook time: 15 mins
4 cloves of garlic, crushed or chopped
4 carrots, coarsely grated
1 small cabbage, finely chopped, a soft leaf cabbage such as ‘sweetheart’ works well
160g frozen peas, defrosted
3 spring onions, chopped
2 tbsp, reduced salt soy sauce
2 pouches of microwave brown rice
4 eggs, whisked
1 tbsp cooking oil
• In a large frying pan, heat the oil on a medium heat (about 2 mins)
• Add the carrot, cabbage and garlic and cook for 3-4 mins until softened.
• Add the rice to the pan along with the spring onions and peas and cook for a further 2-3 minutes
• Push everything in the pan to one side and add the eggs into the space
• Once the eggs are beginning to set, stir them through the rice/veg mixture
• Add the soya sauce, stir and cook for another minute of two until everything is warmed through and the eggs are set.
This is a super speedy light lunch which can be made into a more substantial meal by adding cooked chicken, fish or tofu.