It's #FoodyFriday! Each week, we will share a easy to follow, delicious and nutritious recipe. Not only that but we will include all of the nutritional information for the meal and a cost breakdown. This week, we have a Simple Sausage Tray Bake Recipe. Enjoy!
Prep: 10 mins. Cook: 40 mins. Total: 50 mins
· 1 tbsp cooking oil
· 6 sausages of choice
· 1 red onion, sliced
· 3 garlic cloves, minced
· 10 cherry tomatoes
· 2 red peppers, sliced
· 1 tsp dried oregano
· 1 tsp dried basil
· 2 tsp smoked paprika
· 300g new potatoes, halved
· 1 low-salt chicken stock cube made with 400mls of boiling water
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Slice the onions and red peppers to roughly the same size.
3. Mince the garlic cloves.
4. Place the vegetables in an oven-proof dish, add the dried oregano, basil, and smoked paprika, drizzle with the cooking oil, and mix well.
5. Add the sausages and cherry tomatoes on top of the vegetables.
6. Roast in the oven for 20 mins then add the chicken stock and stir, turning the sausages to ensure they are an even brown colour.
7. Roast for a further 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
8. Serve and enjoy.