It's #FoodyFriday! Each week, we will share a easy to follow, delicious and nutritious recipe. Not only that but we will include all of the nutritional information for the meal and a cost breakdown. This week, we have a Cajun Rice Stir-fry Recipe. Enjoy!
Cook time: 30 mins. 15 mins prep. 45 mins total.
· 200g basmati rice
· 350g minced beef (less than 10% fat)
· ½ red, yellow, and green bell pepper, diced
· 1 onion, diced
· 2 carrots, diced
· 100g mushrooms, quartered
· 1 bunch of spring onions, sliced
· 1 low-salt beef stock cube made with 300mls boiling water
· 1 low-salt chicken stock cube
· 1tbsp Worcestershire sauce
· 1 tbsp cooking oil
1. Cook rice according to packet instructions, adding the chicken stock cube to the water.
2. Add the oil to a large pan and cook the mince and onions until brown.
3. Add the carrots, peppers, mushrooms, made-up beef stock, Cajun seasoning, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir and cook until the peppers and carrots begin to soften.
4. Add the cooked rice and stir until all the rice is coated with the liquid.
5. Serve and top with sliced spring onions.