Introducing, #FoodyFriday! Each week, we will share a easy to follow, delicious and nutritious recipe. Not only that but we will include all of the nutritional information for the meal and a cost breakdown. This week, we have a Lentil Bolognaise Recipe. Enjoy!
Serves: 6, can be halved and frozen
Cook time: 1hr 15 mins. 15 mins prep. 1.5 hours total
· 1 tbsp cooking oil
· 1 large onion, diced
· 2 garlic cloves, crushed
· 200g mushrooms, sliced
· 1 large carrot, finely chopped
· 1 stick of celery, finely chopped
· 1 tbsp dried basil
· 1 tbsp dried oregano
· 2 400g tinned chopped tomatoes
· 300g dried red lentils
· 1 vegetable stock cube in 1litre of boiling water
· 2 tbsp tomato puree
· 500g spaghetti
· Salt and pepper to season, optional
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the onions, garlic, mushrooms, carrot, and celery. Cook gently on medium heat until everything is softened.
2. Stir in the lentils, chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, stock, and herbs.
3. Season to taste.
4. Bring to a simmer and leave to cook for 40-50 mins, more water can be added if needed.
5. Cook the spaghetti as per pack instructions.
6. Drain well and serve.