It's #FoodyFriday! Each week, we will share a easy to follow, delicious and nutritious recipe. Not only that but we will include all of the nutritional information for the meal and a cost breakdown. This week, we have Bang Bang Chicken Noodles. Enjoy!
Prep: 5 mins. Cook: 10 mins. Total: 15 mins
· 1tsp cooking oil
· 300g chicken breast sliced into strips
· 200g egg noodles
· 1 medium red onion sliced thinly
· 1 courgette sliced into ribbons
· 2 medium carrots sliced into ribbons
· 1 red pepper sliced into thin strips
· 15g sliced jalapenos
· 3 spring onions finely sliced
For the sauce
· 120g sachet of oyster and spring onion sauce
· 2 tbsp siracha
· 3 tbsp dark soy sauce
· 2 tbsp water
1. As this recipe has a speedy cook time it is best to prep all the ingredients before you start to cook.
2. Boil to egg noodles according to packet instructions and leave to one side.
3. Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the chicken pieces, fry until golden brown.
4. Add the onion and continue to fry until they soften.
5. Add the carrot and courgette to the pan and cook until they start to soften, not too much as they will be too soft.
6. Make the sauce by adding the ingredients into a bowl and whisking them together.
7. Add the cooked noodles to the pan and stir in the sauce to coat everything.
8. Serve and enjoy.