During Autumn 2018 we partnered up with West Cheshire Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) to deliver project a concentrating on providing specialist health and wellbeing services to people living with long-term conditions.
The classes are open to individuals living with:
- Heart conditions such as heart disease, atrial fibrillation and high blood pressure
- Neurological conditions such as Parkinson’s Disease and MS
- Respiratory conditions such as COPD & Asthma
- Osteoporosis and arthritis
The project focuses on self-management advice and exercise, which empowers people with the above conditions to understand their symptoms and treatment options and to take a more active role in their healthcare. The classes compliment the NHS provision by offering a local community service which enables people to be more active and more informed which also aims to reduce loneliness and social isolation.
Our classes include:
- Condition specific exercise which can be adapted to suit all abilities and needs (including chair based exercise classes if required)
- Physiotherapy input
- Self-management advice
- A chance to meet new people, get more active, ask questions and have fun!
One participant in our COPD Aqua classes doubled the distance she could walk in just 6 weeks of attending the classes!
Another struggled to even stand in the water initially, but by the time he’d finished attending the classes he was able to swim lengths of the pool!
“I feel more confident that I know what to do when I get out of breath”
“I didn’t feel comfortable to exercise on my own but now I use my exercise bike every day!”
“I don’t want the classes to end!”
“I didn’t realise I was using my inhaler incorrectly but since I was shown the proper technique, I don’t have to use them as often!”
To find out more please contact Sheena by calling 0151 355 0205 or email firstname.lastname@example.org