Spinach, Squash and Chickpea Curry
Serves - 2-3
1 tsp Ground Coriander
1 tsp Ground Cumin
1/2 tsp Chilli Powder
1/2 tsp Ground Turmeric
1 Medium Onion
1 Garlic Clove
1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
1 Small Butternut Squash (approx. 800g)
1 x 400g Can of Chickpeas
1 x 400g Can of Chopped Tomatoes
Juice of 1 Small Lemon
- Measure all of the spices into a small bowl.
- Peel and finely chop the onion and garlic.
- Turn on the hob to a medium heat. Heat the oil in a saucepan. Add the chopped onion and garlic and cook gently for 10 minutes with the lid on the pan. Stir occasionally.
- Peel the squash and remove the seeds. Cut roughly into 1cm pieces.
- Add the spices to the pan and cook for 2 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Open and drain the can of chickpeas. Open the can of chopped tomatoes.
- Add the tomatoes, drained chickpeas and chopped squash to the saucepan. Fill three quarters of the empty chopped tomatoes can with cold water and add to the pan. Simmer gently for 25 minutes with the lid on. Stir occasionally.
- Wash the spinach.
- Squeeze the juice from the lemon.
- Turn the heat up and add the spinach to the saucepan. Cook for 2 minutes, until the spinach has wilted.
- Add the lemon juice and stir.
*This is a HEALTHY HEARTS recipe! Full of all the great goodness you need to keep your heart healthy!*
|Energy KJ||1872 KJ|
|Energy kcal||444 kcal|
|Of Which Saturates||0.8g|
|Of Which Sugars||13g|
Back to recipes