Hawaiian Rice Salad
3tbsp sunflower oil
175g long grain rice
1tsp pilau rice seasoning
1 large orange, peeled and segmented
225g tin of pineapple chunks
40g toasted almonds
1 red apple, cored and chopped into small chunks
2tsp clear honey
Juice of half a lemon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
- Add 1 tbsp of oil to a pan and place on a medium heat, add the rice grain and seasoning then stir until all of the grains are coated.
- Pour in boiling water and stir, turn on a low setting and cook for 15 minutes or until soft, drain and allow to cool.
- Once cooled stir in the orange, almonds, raisins, pineapple and apple.
- Blend the remaining oil, honey, lemon juice and ginger together.
- Pour over the salad, mix well and chill before serving.
Nutritional information per recipe (925g)
Energy Kcal 1436Kcal
Energy KJ 6017KJ
Of which saturates 6.9g
Of which sugars 125g
Back to recipes