Serves - 12
75g Self-raising flour
75g Wholemeal self-raising flour
50g Caster Sugar
1 large egg
75ml whole Milk
75ml Vegetable Oil
50-75g fresh or frozen berries
- Pre-heat the oven to 190ºC/375ºF/Gas 5.
- Prepare the muffin tins by lining them with small cupcake cases.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together both flours and sugar.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the egg, milk and oil.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet mixture until combined, the batter may look a little lumpy at this stage.
- Once combined add the mixed berries and stir gently.
- Fill 3/4 of the cupcake cases with the batter mix.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until lightly browned and spring back when touched.
- Serve and enjoy!
Alternatives: Try incorporating spices such as cinnamon or nutmeg with the fruit.
Grate the zest of a lemon alongside small pieces of apple or banana.
Nutritional information per 40g serving
Energy Kcal 127Kcal
Energy KJ 531KJ
Of which saturates 0.7g
Of which sugars 5.1g
Back to recipes