From the freezer mini fish pies
1 pack of frozen Fish Pie Mix
100g frozen peas/broccoli/sweetcorn
15g plain flour
Juice of half a lemon
1/4 tsp mustard
pinch salt and pepper
100g mature cheese, grated
Sweet potato mash
1.Defrost the fish pie mix. This will take an hour or two, depending on the temperature in your kitchen or defrost over-night in the fridge.
2. Peel, chop and boil the sweet potato until soft.
3. To make the white sauce, put the milk, flour and butter in a saucepan and whisk over a medium heat until it thickens slightly.
4. Mix in the lemon juice, salt, pepper and mustard.
5. Mix in the half the cheese and set aside to cool.
6. If you’re making a family size fish pie, you can use the fish straight from the pack, or as mini pies for kids, use kitchen scissors to snip the fish into half inch pieces.
7. Divide the fish and peas, broccoli and sweetcorn between your ramekins.
8. Pour the cooled sauce onto each pie, stopping about 1cm from the top.
9. Top the pies with the potato and the remaining cheese.
Bake in the oven for 25 minutes until golden and bubbling. Enjoy!
Nutritional information per recipe (1.5kg)
Energy Kcal 1743Kcal
Energy KJ 7303KJ
Of which saturates 39g
Of which sugars 83g
Back to recipes