Beetroot Banana Brownies
Serves - 10+
- 300g pre-cooked vacuum sealed beetroot
- 1 ripe banana
- 100g unsalted butter/ 1 medium avocado (approx. 70g)
- 200g 70% cocoa chocolate broken into squares
- 1sp vanilla extract
- 120g runny honey
- 3 eggs
- 100g self-raising flour
- Either melt the chocolate and butter in the microwave on a medium heat for 2-3 minutes at a time, stirring regularly OR add to a small saucepan and heat over a low heat whilst stirring constantly.
- Drain any liquid from the beetroot and add to the food processor. Add the honey, vanilla extract, melted chocolate, banana and butter mixture. Blend until well combined, scraping down the sides as you blend (if necessary).
- Whilst the eggs in a separate bowl and add to the mixture with the flour and blend again
- Pour into a greased baking/cake tin or cake cases in a muffin tin. Bake at 180°c/gas mark 4 for 10-15 minutes if you are making muffins and approximately 25 minutes if you are making a cake.
Nutritional information per 114g serving
Energy Kcal 248Kcal
Energy KJ 1038KJ
Of which saturates 6.2g
Of which sugars 19g
Back to recipes