Serves - 2-3
1 tbsp Rapeseed Oil
Fresh Finely Chopped Chilli (Adjust amounts according to taste preference)
1 Crushed Garlic Clove
1 tsp Paprika
1 tsp Ground Cumin
1 Red Pepper, Chopped
1 Medium Carrot, Grated
1/2 Medium Onion, Chopped
400g Tin of Chopped Tomatoes
150ml Vegetable Stock (Made with half a vegetable stock cube)
1 tbsp Tomato Pureé
200g Can of Kidney Beans
200g Can of Chickpeas
- Heat the rapeseed oil in a large frying pan.
- Add the onions, chilli and garlic and fry for a minute.
- Add the carrots and peppers and fry until soft.
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes and vegetable stock.
- Add the tomato pureé, paprika and cumin.
- Cover and allow to simmer for ten minutes.
- Add the kidney beans and chickpeas and simmer for a further 5 minutes until the sauce has thickened and the rest of the ingredients are cooked.
To serve: Fill a jacket potato, or eat with wholegrain rice or pasta for added fibre!
*This is a HEALTHY HEARTS recipe! Full of all the great goodness you need to keep your heart healthy!*
|Energy KJ||1934 KJ|
|Energy kcal||459 kcal|
|Of Which Saturates||0.8g|
|Of Which Sugars||8.5g|
Back to recipes