Baby Dhal with Pitta
Serves - 20 portions
250g red lentils
1 clove garlic (crushed)
1 tsp tomato puree
splash of olive oil
2 medium onion
2 medium sweet potatoes
1 tsp coriander
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp cinnamon
pitta bread to serve (cut into strips)
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan and sauté the onion and garlic for a few minutes until well softened. Add the remaining spices and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Peel the sweet potato and carrot and cut into chunks.
- Add 500ml water and stir, then add the sweet potato, carrot and lentils.
- Bring to the boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes, until the lentils are cooked, add more water if needed.
- Add the tomato puree and stir thoroughly.
- Mash to the desired consistency for your baby and serve with pitta bread strips.
For batch cooking and can be frozen.
Nutritional Information per 58g serving
Energy Kcal 50kcal
Energy Kj 211Kj
Of which saturates 0g
Of which sugars 2.7g
Back to recipes