Washing your hands is one of the easiest ways to protect yourself and others from illnesses such as food poisoning and flu.
You should wash your hands for the amount of time it takes to sing “Happy Birthday” twice (around 20 seconds):
1. Wet your hands with water.
2. Apply enough soap to cover your hands.
3. Rub your hands together.
4. Use 1 hand to rub the back of the other hand and clean in between the fingers. Do the same with the other hand.
5. Rub your hands together and clean in between your fingers.
6. Rub the back of your fingers against your palms.
7. Rub your thumb using your other hand. Do the same with the other thumb.
8. Rub the tips of your fingers on the palm of your other hand. Do the same with other hand.
9. Rinse your hands with water.
10. Dry your hands completely with a disposable towel.
11. Use the disposable towel to turn off the tap.
If you do not have immediate access to soap and water then use alcohol-based handrub if available.