Healthbox CIC now offers handwashing workshops directly linking to National Curriculum Science (Life processes and living things: micro-organisms) and PSHE (Developing a healthy, safer lifestyle).
There are two options available for small groups or larger groups
Workshops include the following activities:
- Light box germ spotter – Using UV hand scrub children can see how well they wash their hands and see where bacteria may be lurking!
- Children taught the correct way to wash their hands to avoid spreading germs.
- Discussion around the importance of handwashing.
- Giant microbes activities.
- Germ powder activity to understand how easily germs are transferred from surface to surface.
Assemblies can include the following:
- UV hand wash and germ spotting
- Interactive gigantic microbes activity (the children come face-to-face with the common cold, flu and e-coli!)
- Importance of handwashing
- Handwashing song
“The workshop was very informative. The children enjoyed the hands on experience of learning about hand washing. The song was a great way to reinforce the importance of good hand washing. I would recommend this workshop to all primary children”
Headteacher, Wolverham Primary & Nursery School